Your Calmer Mind Psychologists in Adelaide
Because we pride ourselves in providing timely support- if you are new, you can complete a few forms in reception before shortly being warmly greeted by your clinician. Your Calmer Mind staff have been hand picked due to their shared core values of being down to earth, pragmatic and, having a keen emphasis on building safety and relatability. Beyond these core values we are highly trained to assess, diagnose and provide strategies and therapies tailored to your individual needs. From the initial consult all else builds.
The appointments run for approximately 50 minutes and the first two sessions are essentially utilised for gathering information, assessment, education and setting goals around treatment. Our clinicians will work alongside of clients in a supportive manner to establish not just how difficulties may have arisen but how they have been maintained so that strategies can be developed to assist to move from functioning to flourishing.
Depending upon the issue, clients may require support for upwards of six sessions, others may benefit from more. This is assessed and forms a part of active and ongoing discussions and treatment planning with clients.
All personal information gathered by our psychologists or wellbeing facilitators during the provision of the service/s will remain strictly confidential except in the unlikely event of:
- it is subpoenaed by a court; or
- failure to disclose the information would, in the reasonable belief of Your Calmer Mind, place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
- your prior approval has been obtained to a) provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g., a lawyer; or b) discuss the material with another person, e.g., a parent, employer or health provider; or c) disclose the information in another way; or
- 4. you would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional (e.g., clinical supervisor) or agency (e.g., your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
- 5. disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
Your personal information is not disclosed to overseas recipients, unless you consent or such disclosure is otherwise required by law. Your personal information will not be used, sold, rented or disclosed for any other purpose.