Andrew is the Clinical Director of Your Calmer Mind with a particular interest and expertise as a Trauma Psychologist. His caring, intuitive and down to earth manner, enables insightful and tailored approaches.
His extensive experience is in the areas of:
- anxiety and mood disorders, with a particular interest in employees experiencing workplace stress
- bullying or Return to Work SA stress-related injuries, employee and professional wellbeing
- grief and loss, stress, trauma and PTSD (including supporting front line emergency personnel and ADF members)
After initially serving 8 years in the Royal Australian Defence Force, Andrew finalized his studies in general and mental health nursing. He embarked upon a career as a clinical mental health nurse before then making the switch to psychology. Andrew’s 20 years of clinical experience have been in the mental health and wellbeing field. Specifically, he has worked in community, inpatient, forensic and corporate settings.
Andrew’s path into Psychology and Clinical Hypnotherapy allowed him to develop further treatment modalities and deepen his understanding of people’s experiences. Andrew draws upon many evidence-based therapies including:
- Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness and
- utilizes Clinical Hypnotherapy, at times, to complement these approaches.
Andrew has extensive qualifications with:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma of Mental Health Nursing
- Bachelor of Behavioural Sciences
- Honours in Psychology
- Masters Degree in Psychology at the University of Adelaide.
Andrew is registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) and is a full member of the Australian Association of Psychologists Inc (AAPi). Clients are eligible to claim a Medicare rebate when referred to him under a Mental Health Care Plan by a GP.